Practicum I Course Update (SWK4701H) – revised schedule | March 23, 2020
To all Practicum I students, field instructors, faculty-field liaisons and education coordinators,
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times. To complement the email update from March 19th, we are providing you with the revised schedule which reflects the reduction in time requirements for the Practicum I course.
For students on a regular schedule of January 8 – May 31, 2020.
- Revised time requirement: 48.2 days (337.5 hours).
- As of March 23, remaining time required is 15.2 days (106.5 hours).
- All remaining hours must be completed remotely, as per a Remote Learning Plan.
- Remote Learning Plan must be approved and supervised by the Field Instructor, with a copy to the FFL. As always, it is important for students to document their activities and the time assigned to each, and share with your field instructor.
- Midterm evaluations opened on March 13, 2020. Field instructors and students submit by March 27, 2020, copied to FFL (and EC if appropriate).
- Remote activities 3 days per week @ 7 hours per day starting the week of March 23rd . Switching to 4 days per week @ 7 hours per day starting Tuesday April 7th .
- Final evaluation due and last day of practicum: Tuesday April 28, 2020 (evaluation tool available on the PAS Tuesday April 14, 2020).
For ITR students OR students on a modified schedule
- We will be sending a separate communication to you shortly.
On a personal note, please do take care of yourself during this unprecedented time.
The FIFSW Practicum Team
Eileen McKee, Assistant Dean Field Education email@example.com (416) 978-4338
Mindy Coplevitch, Practicum Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 978-5664
Sun Ooi, Practicum Coordinator email@example.com (416) 978-3267 (Mon.-Thurs.)
Denise Russell, Practicum Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 978-3262
Catherine Connochie, Practicum Assistant email@example.com (416) 946-5079 (Mon.-Wed.)