Practicum is credited by graduates, employers, and educators as one of the most important elements of social work education programs, and is critical to the learning experience of students in the MSW Program at FIFSW.
This section of the manual outlines different approaches to social work practice that you may encounter during practicum, the various roles and responsibilities of the teaching and administrative team that supports practicum, and what will be required of you before you start. We have also included a list of important elements for a successful field placement.
- Team Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Types of Practice: Direct and Indirect
- Supervision Models (including Digital Communications Guidelines)
- Practicum Settings
- Requirements (Police Reference/Vulnerable Sector Check, Immunization, Mask Fitting, Evening or Weekend Expectations, International Students)
- Important Elements of a Successful Field Placement
- Contact Information