Skip to Main Content

Financial Supports

hand contributing coin to graduating-cap-shaped bank

The University of Toronto Registrar’s Office provides a series and resources to help with your financial literacy. Students need to prepare a reasonable and responsible budget prior to beginning their studies. Below are other resources curated specifically for FIFSW students, which include government aid, awards, loans, and private organizations.


International Students

As a publicly funded institution, the University of Toronto is not able to offer direct financial aid to international students. You should look to your home country for financial aid programs and determine if you qualify for assistance.

Please be aware that before issuing a Study Permit, the Government of Canada requires that international students provide proof of financial support to show that you are able to support yourself while in Canada.

Students studying at a Canadian university on a Study Permit are ineligible for Canadian government programs. We recommend that you consult with the funding agencies in your own country. Please note that documented protected persons or convention refugees are able to apply for Canadian government funding.

All students, including international students, are automatically considered for scholarships upon admission. Scholarships and entrance awards for international students are limited and competitive, due to the number of excellent students that apply to U of T. Please note that most scholarships and awards for international students do not cover the full cost of tuition. It is best to have other funding plans in place as well.