Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work Alumni Association
All graduates of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work are members of the Alumni Association. Through the Association, those who wish may become actively involved in Faculty and university life in a wide variety of ways.
Currently, the Association:
- offers an annual scholarship and a bursary to students
- offers a Mentoring Program to graduating students to help ease their entry to employment
- provides a Facebook page for Alumni to contact one another and exchange information, photos etc.
- advocates sound social policy as appropriate
- hosts an annual Distinguished Speakers Series, bringing leading-edge speakers to the Faculty
- honours current students and Alumni who have made outstanding contributions to the Faculty and/or profession
- hosts an Annual General Meeting and Spring Reunion
In addition, many Alumni serve as volunteer Field Instructors or Sessional Instructors, participate in curriculum reviews and the selection of new teaching faculty; participate in Faculty governance; and contribute financially to the Faculty.
Connect with the Alumni Association on Twitter and Facebook!
How to join
There are a wide variety of opportunities for involvement with the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work Alumni Association. If you are interested in becoming involved, or would like more information, please contact the FIFSW Alumni Office. There is no membership fee.
Telephone: (416) 978-4437
|First Vice-President||Priyanka Sahajpal|
|Second Vice-President||Michelle Allick|
|Past President||Judy Newman|
Committee & Sub-Committee Chairs
|Constitution Review & Governance
Directors – Representatives on Faculty Committees
|College of Alumni Electors||Terese Weisberg|
|Faculty Council Rep. (1)||TBC|
|Faculty Council Rep. (2)||Pam Weir|
|Mentor Program||Michelle English|
|MSW Studies Committee||Simon Lam|
|PhD Studies Committee||Andria Allen|
|Practicum Advisory Committee||Michelle English|
|Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee||Andria Allen|
|Member(s) at Large||Matthew Regan|
|Dean||Charmaine C. Williams|
|GSA Rep. (1)||Vithusan Arunakirinathan|
|GSA Rep. (2)||TBC|
The Board of Directors approved amendments to the Constitution of the Association, presented for approval by Members at the Annual Meeting held on July 15, 2020.