Join us at FIFSW
The Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work (FIFSW) at the University of Toronto welcomes applications from highly qualified individuals who are interested in joining our Faculty for a dynamic and challenging learning experience.
U of T is strongly committed to diversity within its community, and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Within its commitment to academic and practice excellence, FIFSW seeks a student body that is inclusive and reflective of the diversity found within Canadian communities including but not limited to racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, LGBTQ persons, persons with differing abilities, mature students, and students from varying faith/spiritual communities.
- MSW, Two-Year (full time)
- MSW, Advanced Standing (full time or part time)
- MSW, Indigenous Trauma and Resiliency (online + in-class)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
What we offer
At FIFSW, you will receive:
• The opportunity to learn from internationally-recognized social work educators and researchers with diverse backgrounds who bring community experience and cutting-edge scholarship to the classroom
• Direct access to professors who care deeply about teaching and research
•Innovative and applied teaching methods including simulation-based learning to help you develop social work practice expertise
• An evidenced-based approach to practice that integrates a critical social justice lens to work with diverse populations in community and institutional settings
• Financial support for applicants and registered students.
• A commitment to ensuring diversity and equity through enrolment, curriculum, recruitment of professors, and student support.
Each year the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work receives many more qualified applications than spaces available in the programs. Having the minimum admission requirements does not in itself guarantee admission to the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work. The Faculty reserves the right to select the most qualified applicants. All decisions are final.