SGS Online Application Portal
Access the SGS online application portal.
Please pay careful attention when making your selection for the Program of Study. The following are your options:
- Master of Social Work (Advanced Standing)
- Master of Social Work (Advanced Standing – Black Student Application Program)
- Master of Social Work (Advanced Standing – Indigenous Student Application Program)
- Master of Social Work (Two-Year MSW Program)
- Master of Social Work (Two-Year MSW Program – Black Student Application Program)
- Master of Social Work (Two-Year MSW Program – Indigenous Student Application Program)
Note: if you are applying for one of the Advanced Standing options, you must have a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree from a recognized university or be currently completing a BSW degree, to be awarded no later than Fall 2024.
Candidates applying for Advanced Standing must declare a field of study (FoS). Applicants cannot change their FoS after having been admitted to the program. Please rank your top two (2) FoS selections on the application system. We offer the following fields of study:
- Children and their Families
- Health and Mental Health
- Human Services Management and Leadership
- Social Justice and Diversity
Note: if you are not selected for your top FoS selection, your application may be considered for your second choice, if there is space in the program. If you are not interested in a second choice, select only one FoS. To learn more about the each Field please visit our FoS page.
- You may save and return to the application at any point in the process.
- You will be required to enter information for your referees. Your referees will automatically receive a notification email that they have been requested to complete a reference for your application, along with instructions to submit their reference in the application system. If you need to send a reminder email to your existing referees, you can do so through the applicant portal.
- All application documentation is submitted electronically through the SGS online application portal. To view the status of your application, please log in to your account to view your applicant status portal.