Practicum I Course Update (SWK4701H) – correction to revised schedule | March 27, 2020
To all Practicum I students, field instructors, faculty-field liaisons and education coordinators,
This email is to acknowledge that the revised Year 1 schedule distributed on Monday March 23rd included an incorrect date. Please note, the revised time requirement of 48.2 days (337.5 hours) and the new end date of Tuesday April 28 do not change:
For students on a regular schedule of January 8 – May 31, 2020.
- Revised time requirement: 48.2 days (337.5 hours).
- As of MARCH 27, remaining time required is 15.2 days (106.5 hours).
- All remaining hours must be completed remotely, as per a Remote Learning Plan.
- Remote Learning Plan must be approved and supervised by the Field Instructor, with a copy to the FFL. As always, it is important for students to document their activities and the time assigned to each, and share with your field instructor.
- Midterm evaluations opened on March 13, 2020. Field instructors and students submit by March 27, 2020, copied to FFL (and EC if appropriate).
- Remote activities 3 days per week @ 7 hours per day started the week of March 16, 2020, switching to 4 days per week @ 7 hours per day starting Tuesday April 7th .
- Final evaluation due and last day of practicum: Tuesday April 28, 2020 (evaluation tool available on the PAS Tuesday April 14, 2020).
Our sincere apologies for any confusion. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
The FIFSW Practicum Team
Eileen McKee, Assistant Dean Field Education firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 978-4338
Mindy Coplevitch, Practicum Coordinator email@example.com (416) 978-5664
Sun Ooi, Practicum Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 978-3267 (Mon.-Thurs.)
Denise Russell, Practicum Assistant email@example.com (416) 978-3262
Catherine Connochie, Practicum Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 946-5079 (Mon.-Wed.)