HBSc/MSW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For UTSC Students in the Year Three of The Bachelor of Science Specialist in Mental Health Studies Program.
Year Three HBSc students apply during the 2023-2024 admission cycle, for admission to the MSW Program in Fall 2025 after completion of the HBSc program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 28, 2023
|About the Application Process||Requirements||For Your Information|
|How to Apply||About the Application Portal|
- Applications to the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) using an online application portal which is housed on a secure server at the University of Toronto.
- The online application allows applicants to manage and submit biographical and educational information, as well as specific required documentation, outlined below, immediately to the University of Toronto.
- Applicants can edit an in-progress application and check the status of all documents submitted using a secure password and Userid.
- An email account is needed to complete the online application, as the University of Toronto will correspond with applicants using email.
- Applications are considered complete and are reviewed only after all documentation is received.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- Log in to the SGS online application portal.
- Provide the biographical and education information requested.
- Provide contact information for your referees. Be sure to inform your referees that you are doing this and that the University of Toronto, SGS will be contacting them by email.
- Upload your supporting documentation directly onto the online application portal
- Submit your payment to finalize your application by November 28, 2023.
- You may save and return to the application at any point in the process.
- You will be required to enter information for your referees. Your referees will automatically receive a notification email that they have been requested to complete a reference for your application, along with instructions to submit their reference in the application system. If you need to send a reminder email to your existing referees, you can do so through the applicant portal.
- All application documentation is submitted electronically through the SGS online application portal. To view the status of your application, please log in to your account to view your applicant status portal.
Please click on links to be directed to full instructions.
1. SGS Online Application
Please pay careful attention when making your selection for the Program of Study. The following are your options:
- Master of Social Work: Combined Honours Bachelor of Science, Specialist Co-operative in Mental Health Studies
- Master of Social Work: Combined Honours Bachelor of Science, Specialist in Mental Health Studies
2. Application Fee
The total application fee is $125 for the HBSc/MSW program. Payment is made once you have uploaded all of your application materials, using only a Visa or Mastercard credit card. Applications will not be processed until the application fee is received. The system will not accept payment via Visa debit or Mastercard debit.
- If you are offered admission, the offer will be for Fall 2025 and will have the following admission conditions:
- Maintain a B+ average (CPGA) of 3.30 in both Year 3 and Year 4 of your B.Sc. Specialist Program in Mental Health Studies, and confirmation of degree conferral.
- Successful completion of PSYD37H3 – Social Context of Mental Health and Illness.
- Successful completion of PSYD98Y3 – Thesis in Psychology.
- The criteria for admission is based on academic standing, work or volunteer experience in the human services, written statement, and references.
- Ensure your application is complete, as incomplete applications cannot be processed. You can check the status of your application documents by logging onto the SGS online application portal. It is your responsibility to ensure your application has been received. Advise our office: email@example.com of any change in your contact information.
- Each year we receive many more qualified applications than spaces available in the program. The possession of the minimum admission requirements does not in itself guarantee admission. The Faculty reserves the right to select which qualified applicants it will recommend for admission to SGS. All decisions are final.