Welcome to the Alumni Association
All graduates of the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work are members of the Alumni Association. Through the Association, those who wish may become actively involved in Faculty and university life in a wide variety of ways.
Currently, the Association:
- offers an annual scholarship and a bursary to students
- offers a Mentoring Program to graduating students to help ease their entry to employment
- provides a Facebook page for Alumni to contact one another and exchange information, photos etc.
- advocates sound social policy as appropriate
- provides an educational workshop to the community in conjunction with the spring Annual Meeting
- honours current students and Alumni who have made outstanding contributions to the Faculty and/or profession
In addition, many Alumni serve as volunteer Field Instructors or Sessional Instructors, participate in curriculum reviews and the selection of new teaching faculty; participate in Faculty governance; and contribute financially to the Faculty.
How to join
There are a wide variety of opportunities for involvement with the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work Alumni Association. If you are interested in becoming involved, or would like more information, please contact the FIFSW Alumni Office. There is no membership fee.
Telephone: (416) 978-4437
|First Vice-President||Violeta Dubov|
|Second Vice-President||Eric Maisey|
|Auxiliary Vice-President||Janet Scollard|
|Past President||Ed Shaul|
|College of Electors|
|Communications Officer||Sara Abura|
|Alumni Outreach and Engagement||Violeta Dubov|
|Executive Assistant to the Dean||Ko Clementson|
|Faculty Council Rep.||Eric Maisey|
|Faculty Council Rep.|
|Mentor Program||Janet Scollard|
|MSW Studies Committee||Lina Gagliardi|
|PhD Studies Committee||Kate Schumaker|
|Practicum Advisory Committee||Eric Maisey|
|GSA Rep.||Sana Imran|
|Member(s) at Large||Naylen Gonzalez, Saleem Haniff, Rosemarie Johnson, Samantha Kobylnik, Nikki Waldston|
The Board of Directors approved amendments to the Constitution of the Association, presented for approval by Members at the Annual Meeting held on May 30, 2012.