- This event has passed.
Purposeful Resilience: Restoration through Dialogue and Meditation
March 31 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Anti-Racism & Cultural Diversity Office joins the University of Toronto in condemning anti-Asian racism, misogyny, and all forms of racial violence. We invite members of the Asian community to a curated space of healing that supports the reprioritization of self-care and compassion. This space will include a community dialogue facilitated by Jia Yao from the Sexual Violence Prevention and Support Centre, followed by a restorative movement and meditation practice led by Anne Chan.
Recommended materials for movement and meditation:
- Comfortable clothing that will allow you to move and stretch.
- A clear space with a wall or chair nearby.
- Yoga props or household items (i.e. pillow, blanket, towels in different sizes) to support.
Participants are invited to play light music while practicing movement. A Spotify playlist will be shared.
- Format: Community dialogue followed by movement and meditation.
- Platform: Virtual- Zoom.
- Audience: Open to students, staff, faculty, librarians, chaplains, and external community members who identify as Asian.