Read the Fall 2022 edition of The Word, The CRIB’s quarterly newsletterCategories: Faculty, Research, Tanya Sharpe
The Centre for Research & Innovation for Black Survivors of Homicide Victims (The CRIB) is pleased to share the Fall 2022 edition of its quarterly newsletter, The Word.
The latest issue provides an overview of the Invisible Wounds: Stories of Survivorship Film Screening as well as Season 4 of 30@8:30. Readers will also learn about The CRIB’s presentation to South Korea’s Yonsei University and recent achievements by CRIB Faculty Affiliates.
- Invisible Wounds: Stories of Survivorship foregrounds the experiences of those who have lost loved ones to homicide violence in Toronto
- Action needed following Toronto police report on race-based use of force says Tanya Sharpe
- A new report and interactive map from The CRIB illustrates the disproportionate prevalence of homicides in predominately Black neighbourhoods in Toronto
- The Guardian interviewed Tanya Sharpe about rising murder rates among Black women and girls in the US
- The Toronto Star interviews Tanya Sharpe about Statistics Canada’s 2019 homicide report, which collects race-based data for the first time