- CoPAS Program Director: Hayley Hamilton
- Social Work Coordinator: Eileen McKee
- CoPAS Web Site
- CoPAS Application Form
For a detailed listing of MSW & PhD Requirements please visit the CoPAS Web Site.
The goal of the Collaborative Specialization in Addiction Studies (CoPAS) at the University of Toronto is to develop and integrate graduate training in the multidisciplinary field of addictions. This field encompasses the use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other psychoactive substances, as well as gambling and other addictive behaviours.
Students must apply and be accepted into the MSW or PhD Program before applying to the CoPAS Specialization.
- Following notice of your acceptance to the MSW/PhD program, submit the completed CoPAS Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When approved and signed, forward your application, along with your resume, to Prof Hamilton (CoPAS Program Co-Director) at email@example.com for final approval.
- Both MSW and PhD students are required to take PAS 3700H Multidisciplinary Aspects of Addictions. Following the notice of your acceptance to the CoPAS Specialization from Professor Hamilton, e-mail the completed course Add/Drop form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Co-Director sends your application to the School of Graduate Studies where your enrolment is registered on ACORN. (Note that letters of confirmation are not sent to students – please check your registration on ACORN approximately 12 weeks after submitting your application).
Students fulfilling the requirements of the collaborating department and CoPAS will receive a notation indicating completion of a specialization in Addiction Studies on the transcript issued by the University of Toronto.