- This event has passed.
Shared Responsibility: Linking Social Work and Policy Practice
March 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join FIFSW students on March 27th for a community dialogue on our Shared Responsibility: Linking Social Work and Policy Practice.
This in-person forum will be hosted by MSW students in the Social Justice & Diversity Field of Study at the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, and attending students are welcome to bring their friends and family.
Following a world café format, forum attendees will be invited to join three break-out sessions on one of the topics listed below, followed by a facilitated discussion on how social workers can (and do) intervene in local, national, and global policies to advance social justice.
Coffee, Tea and Light Refreshments Provided
Policy Advocacy Topics
- Status for All: Regularization of Precarious Status
- An Intersectional Analysis on Climate Induced Displacement and Canada’s Responsibility
- Redefining Borders: Sexual and Gender Health Equity for Toronto Refugees
- Untangling the Web of Immigrant/Refugee Eligibility: A Canadian Perspective
- Sovereignty vs. Colonialism: No More Stolen Sisters
- Dignity in Care: Accommodation for People with Disabilities
- Pekiswin, Coming Home: Addressing Indigenous Homelessness in Ontario
Location: 7th Floor Lounge