- This event has passed.
Practice Fridays – Jan. 29
January 29, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Register for Practice Friday, January 29, 2016
All MSW students are welcome, with approval from your field instructor.
The vignette (simulation) features a young man struggling with marijuana use, as well as conflict with his parents.
January 22 (Room 702)
January 29 (Room 702)
February 5 (Room 222)
Register in advance via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each student can only register for one Practice Friday date
- Indicate preferred date
- Field instructor approval
- Indicate your program year (Year 1, Year 2 or Advanced Standing)
Practice Fridays will help students develop:
- Ability to link theory and practice while conducting assessment and using interviewing skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Greater confidence to ask difficult questions and discuss tough stuff
- Greater understanding of a client’s situation using an ecosystemic model
- Increased self-awareness and ability to regulate one’s own emotions