- This event has passed.
CanAge Conversations # 1: Setting the Stage for Advocacy in Long-Term Care and Beyond for People Impacted by Dementia
July 28 @ 12:00 pm
CanAge Conversations with Laura Tamblyn Watts, CEO of CanAge (and Sessional Lecturer at FIFSW) will debut with this vital live webinar, the first in a series of Advocacy focused sessions:
Setting the Stage for Advocacy in Long-Term Care and Beyond for People Impacted by Dementia
Grier Dementia Training, Dementia Advocacy Canada, The Alzheimer Society of Ontario, and Dementia Alliance International join CanAge, Canada’s National Seniors’ Advocacy Organization, to host a live online webinar to discuss:
1) What is advocacy?
2) Different types of advocacy
3) The role of numbers in advocacy
4) Roadblocks people encounter on the advocacy journey
Whether you are a novice regarding advocacy or have been working in the field for years, this session with industry experts will have valuable information for everyone.
1) Laura Tamblyn Watts, CEO CanAge (Host)
2) Kim Grier, Founder & Managing Director, Grier Dementia Training and CanAge Fellow
3) Lisa Poole, Co-Chair, Dementia Advocacy Canada
4) Christine Thelker, Dementia Advocate, Member of Dementia Alliance International
5) Cathy Barrick, CEO, The Alzheimer Society of Ontario and CanAge Fellow
Join us on Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 at
09:00am PST | 10:00am MDT | 12:00pm EST
Should you be unable to participate in this live webinar, a recording will be available at: canage.ca/youtube.