- This event has passed.
Community Dialogues – Linking Social Work and Policy Practice
March 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for a an online forum to discuss policy advocacy projects organized by MSW students in the Social Justice & Diversity Field of Study. This event will follow a World Café format where attendees will be invited to join mini-workshops (in zoom breakout rooms) led by MSW students on one of the topics below.
The event will close with a facilitated discussion where attendees can consider how cross cutting social justice issues shape social work practice and strategies to advocate for policy alternatives to advance social work’s commitment to social, economic, and environmental justice.
- Local vs. Global: Sustainable Palm Oil
- The Criminalization of Sex Work through ‘End Demand’ Legislation
- Housing for All
- Oneness vs. the 1%: The fight for equitable distribution
- The De-Platforming of Sex Workers Working Online
- Human Trafficking: Modern Day Slavery in Canada
- Justice and Equity for Pay Day Lending in Ontario
- X Y What? Intersex Awareness
For more information contact Professor Rupaleem Bhuyan at email@example.com