PAS Practicum Assignment Process
Below is the schedule for the Practicum 1 SWK4701H assignment process:
- November 2, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. – Practicum Administration System (PAS) will open for viewing practicum opportunities.
- November 8, 2022 no later than 9:00 a.m. – Students submit Form A (interview selections) directly on the PAS.
- November 14, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. – PAS will open for viewing practicum assignment and interviews begin
- November 16, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. – Practicum trade deadline
Please remember that this is a pre-practicum informational interview. This is your confirmed practicum.
Instructions for accessing the PAS and submitting practicum interview selections:
- The student link to log onto the PAS is:
- The first time logging on, click on the “retrieve/forgot your password?” option and a password will be emailed to your U of T email address.
Once you have logged on:
- Click on ‘Practicum Units’ from the left sidebar menu. You can view all, or filter by category.
- When you are ready to submit your selections, click on “Request for Interviews (Form A)”
- Use drop down windows to select 10 practicums:
- Select any 3 from Category A
- Select any 3 from Category B
- Select any 3 from Category C
- 1 additional selection from any category
Click on “submit”. Remember that the PAS will not accept Form A with fewer than 10 selections.
NOTE: You may submit Form A anytime between 12:01 p.m. Wednesday November 3 and 11:59 a.m. Tuesday November 9, 2021. There is no advantage to submitting early. You may make changes to your submissions as often as you like, up until the deadline. The PAS will use the last submission for the interview matching.
VERY IMPORTANT: New practicum opportunities continue to be received. OCCASIONALLY, PRACTICUMS ARE WITHDRAWN. The listing will be removed from the PAS. REMEMBER TO CHECK THE PAS REGULARLY FOR UPDATES AND CHANGES.
Not all students seeking a January 2023 practicum will be matched at this stage of the assignment process. Rest assured, the practicum team will continue to work with you.
Students who have been accepted at a Competitive or Out-of-Town practicum do NOT participate in the PAS assignment process.
Students who have applied for competitive practicums and are awaiting a response or the outcome of an interview CAN participate in the PAS matching process and should submit Form A on the PAS.
The Powerpoint slides from the Information Session available on the website at:
Contact a Practicum Coordinator with concerns about the interview or to schedule a confidential appointment:
Contact the Practicum Office with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org