Advising & Support
The Factor-Inwentash Faculty and U of T offer a number of resources for international students in need of assistance and support.
Centre for International Experience (CIE)
The University of Toronto’s Centre for International Experience (CIE) provides an array of services unique to international students including help with Canadian study permits, work permits, Ontario health insurance, and academic support. CIE offers a host of regular workshops, info sessions, community events and opportunities for engagement.
CIE Student Experience Advisors
CIE’s International Student Experience advisors offers events, resources and information to adjust to life in Canada, build your new community, and navigate resources, information and services across and outside U of T. International students are encouraged to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or topics you would like to discuss. A member of the team will set up an appointment for you and an appropriate team member. (Note: for immigration advisors, see below.)
CIE Immigration Advisors
As an international student, you will need valid immigration documents to live and study in Canada, and it is your responsibility to make sure that these documents are maintained and up-to-date. CIE’s immigration advisors can help you sort through the processes and paperwork, understand document requirements and locate appropriate services and resources.
To book an appointment for a phone or video call with an advisor online through the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx):
- Login to the CLNx with your UTORid and password.
- Go to Appointments on the left. (If you are a student who works at U of T, make sure you are logged in to your student account.)
- Click St. George Overview, then Centre for International Experience.
- Click Book immigration advising appointment. You will have two options:
- If you choose Book by appointment type, select Immigration advising and you will be shown a list of upcoming available appointment dates and times.
- If you choose Book by appointment provider, scroll down the list and select either Aziz El Mejdouby, Marc Arnold or Justin Kerr for a phone/video call appointment.
- When scheduling your appointment time, be sure to include the following information about yourself:
- student number
- contact phone number (for phone appointments)
- brief description of the reason for the appointment
If you are unable to book an appointment online via CLNx, please email:
email@example.com to request a remote phone appointment and an immigration advisor will write you back to arrange a booking. In your email, please include your name, student number, phone number, location, level, and program of study, and the reason for your appointment.
International FIFSW students who would like to reach out to a FIFSW staff member for advising and support, are invited t contact firstname.lastname@example.org.