Program of Study: YEAR 1 of MSW Full-Time Program
The first year of the program consists of a generic first year, and all first-year courses are required.
- SWK 4102H Social Policy and Social Welfare in the Canadian Context
- SWK 4103H Elements of Social Work Practice
- SWK 4105H Social Work Practice Laboratory
- SWK 4107H Foundations of Social Work: Knowledge, Theory and Values that Inform Practice
- SWK 4510H Research for Evidence-Based Social Work Practice
- SWK 4602H Social Work Practice with Groups
- SWK 4605H Social Work Practice with Individuals and Families
- SWK 4654H Social Work Practice in Organizations and Communities
- SWK 4701H Social Work Practicum I (January – May 31st) *
Total Course Load: 9 Half-Credit Courses [H=.5 credit]
* SWK 4701H Social Work Practicum I
In response to requests for more flexibility, in addition to offering SWK4701H Practicum I in the Winter Session 2016 from January – May, we are offering MSW Year One students the option of selecting instead to do a Spring/Summer Practicum (67 days, May – July 2016).
Students selecting this option are expected to take SWK 4605S Individuals and Families concurrently with the practicum in May-June 2016 instead of during the 2016 Winter Session. In order to assist planning, please let the Practicum Office know by October 1, 2015 whether you will be taking this option for the Spring/Summer 2016 Practicum.
In September 2016 we will provide further information about the types of summer opportunities available as well as how to register for Spring/Summer 2016 Practicum. If you have any questions before then, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.