Competitive and/or Outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Practicum
Practicum Opportunities Available September 2018 – April 2019
From time to time the Practicum Office learns of opportunities which may be of interest to you that fall outside of the established matching schedule and/ or are outside of the GTA. Competitions cannot be guaranteed as FIFSW students will be interviewing with students from other academic institutions for a limited number of spaces. C
As with other courses at FIFSW, the practicum is typically a Toronto-based course. From time to time, practicums outside of Toronto are offered.
- Canadian Mental Health Association (Toronto) – closes April 23, 2018
- Fourcast (Peterborough) – closes April 23, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m.
- William Osler Health System (Brampton site) – closes April 23, 2018 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health (Penetanguishene) – closes June 1, 2018
- Better Living Community Services (Toronto) – closes June 12, 2018
- The 519 (Toronto) – closes June 30, 2018
- York University (Toronto) – open until filled
No longer available:
- Family Services of York Region
- Sherbourne Health Centre
- Victim Services Toronto
- Hamilton Health Sciences (Hamilton)
- OCAD University (Toronto)
- Harmony Movement (Toronto)
- George Brown College TPE Program (Toronto)
- Blue Hills Child and Family Centre (Aurora)
- The Alzheimers Society of Hamilton Halton (Burlington)
- Bob Kemp Hopsice (Hamilton)
- Catholic Family Services of Hamilton
- Durham CAS (Oshawa)
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre (Peterborough)
- Shalem Mental Health Network (Hamilton)
If you wish to apply and are successful in securing a practicum at one of the above-noted organizations, you will not be included in the Practicum Office’s established practicum assignment process beginning in late April 2018.
If you do not wish to apply for one of these opportunities, or you apply and are unsuccessful, you will be included in the regular matching process and will be assured of a September 2018 – April 2019 YEAR II/Advanced Standing practicum elsewhere.
Contact: Miri Ben-Dat, Practicum Coordinator at email@example.com.