Competitive Year 2/Advanced Standing Practicum Opportunities September 2018-April 2019
Practicum Opportunities Available September 2018 – April 2019
The practicum assignment process does not begin until late April 2018, however, from time to time the Practicum Office learns of opportunities that fall outside of the established process and schedule which may be of interest to you. The following practicums cannot be guaranteed as FIFSW students will be competing with students from other academic institutions for a limited number of spaces.
- Sherbourne Health Centre – extended– deadline exended to 5:00 p.m. February 28, 2018
- Victim Services Toronto – deadline March 2, 2018
- Family Services of York Region – deadline March 12, 2018
- Lakeridge Health – deadline March 15, 2018
- Durham CAS – deadline April 30, 2018
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health, Penetanguishene – deadline June 1, 2018
- The 519 – deadline June 30, 2018
- William Osler Health System – deadline July 2, 2018
- York University – open until filled
If you wish to apply and are successful in securing a practicum at one of the above-noted organizations, you will not be included in the Practicum Office’s established practicum assignment process beginning in late April 2018.
If you do not wish to apply for one of these opportunities, or you apply and are unsuccessful, you will be included in the regular matching process and will be assured of a September 2018 – April 2019 YEAR II/Advanced Standing practicum elsewhere.
For more information, please contact: